Captivate: Creating Powerful Presentations
Do your presentations put people to sleep? Have you heard them walking out saying “glad that’s over” or “death by PowerPoint?” Have you ever wished you could create a great presentation that your audience responds to and gets excited about?
Now is the time to change all of that! Based on scientific research into adult learning theory and modern design principals, Captivate: Creating Powerful Presentations will teach you the ins and outs of designing and giving presentations that will change the way you look at presentations. This three-day class will dive deep into what it takes to wow your audience and then teach you how to deliver it! This workshop combines both being front and center ‘on stage’ as well as the work done behind the scenes to make it successful.
Engage focus on four distinct sections of creating and presenting a compelling presentation:
- Understand your audience and their needs
- Fine turn your message to connect with the audience
- Developing key points
- Working with ideas
- Creating a story within your message
- Rules of a modern presentation
- Choosing themes and colors
- Understanding adult learning
- Implementing design
- Full PowerPoint Master Class
- How to get the most out of your practice
- What to practice and what not to
- Asking Questions
- Answering Questions
- Role of a facilitator
- Dealing with stage fright
- Five recorded presentations within class and review with a coach
Previous knowledge: No previous knowledge required.
Target Participant: CAPTIVATE is for anyone from band new designers looking for how to get started to experienced presenters who are looking to take their abilities to the next level.
Goal: Once a participant has completed the Workshop, they will be able to design a presentation from beginning to end that will connect with the audience, share their message in a powerful way, and move their audience to action.
Time: 3 Days
Size: Minimum 5, Maximum 10